Saturday, June 21, 2008

Heartfelt Dedications - Franklin, NE (Day 27)

Today started with a scrumdillyumptious breakfast in Fairbury, NEBRASKA (no, we’re not in Kansas anymore!). They got up very early and made us an extensive hot breakfast with fresh scrambled eggs and the works, and I definitely appreciated it as the 100 miles of rolling hills never seemed to end. However, the landscape for the ride today was beautiful, the plains were vast and beautiful and it was sweet to see the cows bathing in the water today in order to escape the heat!

I think my favorite part of today was the host dinner! After a refreshing shower we sat down to a delicious meal, and I was lucky enough to share the company of a couple awesome Franklin, Nebraska natives. Gary shared with me the story of his wife, who is a third generation colon cancer victim. She has also survived three recurrences, and just finished her last bought of chemotherapy five weeks ago. If that wasn’t awesome enough, she was busy up and helping with dinner all night! The hospitality we receive everywhere we go is truly incredible, and in this case the mutual kindness and hope is reciprocated on an even deeper level.

Pastor Neil was unable to join us due to his current heart condition, and I know I will keep him, and his recently deceased wife, and his five year old granddaughter, McKensie, who recently passed from a neuroblastoma, in my prayers.

4K Lovin,
Anna E.S. Johnston

No comments: