Friday, June 13, 2008

A Rider's Letter Home - Montgomery City, MO (Day 19)

Dear mom and dad,

4K bike camp is (insert adjective)

the food has been (superlative).

we even had (fast food) for breakfast! You guys NEVER let me do that! I think I'm gonna trade you in for different parents next chance I get. My counselors (directors' and leg leaders' names) are really awesome. I think I want them as parents. But they also wake me up really early, with terrible music... I guess maybe I'll keep you guys.

Anyway, today we woke up in (name of town), ate breakfast very early, and then got on our bikes and started pedaling. I rode with my friends (names 1 through 5), who are really (adjective), and were very supportive. We had a pretty (gerund) day, with (number) flat tire(s), and a big tear in another one. Just when we were all ready to give up, a gas station saved us with (drink). The weather was extremely (adjective), but don't worry, I put sun screen on (number) times today, just like you said.

We didn't end up making it into (name of town 104 miles away from last town), and had to get shuttled by our excellent drivers (names of drivers 1-3), which really made us (emotion). But I think we are all learning valuable lessons about how much more there is to this trip than just the bike ride.

Ok, that's about all for now. I'll write again in (number) days. Say hi to (dog name) for me.

Love you,

Andrew Telzak


WORD BANK:

Frustrating
Rio
Delicious
Greg
25
Gassy
Clare
upset
AWESOME
Yogeeta
April
water
Katie
Andrew
4
Alison
Thomas
hot
Taylor
Montgomery City
St. Louis
Taco Bell
7
tasty
1 billion

3 comments:

nativeNYer said...

The thought of Greg having to try to wake sleeping people at 6AM is very amusing to me!

Unknown said...

andrew that was hilarious :). i love reading these posts, and especially love seeing different people's personalities in them.

Richard said...

Welcome all from Montgomery City,
really gald your group came to Montgomery City. Sorry for the rain, but we had a chance to know you a little better.
Wishing each of you the very best.
Richard B
Montgomery City